Buddy Rich Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: You Rotten Kid

Hi Jeff...

"Rotten Kid" is one of my favorites as well... great shuffle feel that Buddy puts a real nice spin on. That song/arrangement just percolates! Anyway... the best place I have seen for finding/buying BR arrangements is eBay. There is one guy in particular that seems to have a decent library of BR charts. I have seen him auction off quite a few different ones... he may have "Rotten Kid". Let me know if you are interested... I could get you his email address. Mine is cheerfully shown on this site... let me know.

The other option: You or a friend could do a transcription of the actual BR arrangement. "Rotten Kid" was arranged off a little head tune that Buddy Greco wrote FOR Buddy Rich. It's relatively simple as far as the ACTUAL head of the tune goes... the arrangement COULD be transcribed fairly easily. Just a thought! Hope this is of help. Let me know on the eBay possibility if you want to try that route. Take care!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Looking for jazz ensemble arrangement (written music) of "you rotten kid" Any ideas where or who might have an arrangement??? Great tune. Want to teach it to my jazz students.