Buddy Rich Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buddy Rich Quintet Live 1958 Wildwood NJ CD.........

Hello all again! Does anyone know of or ever heard this release "Buddy Rich Quintet Live 1958 Wildwood NJ?" I seen it on EBAY from a seller in CT. I was wondering if anyone knows the background of this recording? Is it only available on the east coast? (good one for Tommy) LOL Thanks, Joe James

Re: Buddy Rich Quintet Live 1958 Wildwood NJ CD.........

Hi Joe!

I have seen that CD a few times myself... haven't ever heard it though, and can't honestly say if it is just an East Coast release. ( I had considered picking that CD up myself, out of sheer curiosity )

I tend to not have a lot of Buddy playing in small groups, opting to instead listen to him kicking Big Bands. I do have a couple CD's with BR playing in small group situations... certainly good, and still Buddy... but just not the same as BR slammin' with those Big bands!

Re: Re: Buddy Rich Quintet Live 1958 Wildwood NJ CD.........

Hi Tommy!!

Thanks man, All I know is that it is a remastered performance with supposedly some smokin solos. I wanted some feedback from some fellow buddy nuts before I shelled out the money for a possible dud. You never know what youll get on ebay. If its still available ill purchase it and let you guys know the status. But seeing as to it being a recording of Buddy I think the only dissapointment might be the sound quality. Im sure he rips ass as usual! Later Joe

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Joe!

I have seen that CD a few times myself... haven't ever heard it though, and can't honestly say if it is just an East Coast release. ( I had considered picking that CD up myself, out of sheer curiosity )

I tend to not have a lot of Buddy playing in small groups, opting to instead listen to him kicking Big Bands. I do have a couple CD's with BR playing in small group situations... certainly good, and still Buddy... but just not the same as BR slammin' with those Big bands!

I AM THE PERSON WHO RECORDED BUDDY RICH IN WILDWOOD N.J. IN 1958
I AM STILL AROUND AND STILL LIVING IN SOUTH JERSEY NEAR WIDWOOD WHERE I STARTED MY CAREER IN AVIATION TOWING ADVERTISING BANNERS UP AND DOWN THE BEACH.
I WILL ALWAYS BE GREATFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO BUDDY EVERY NITE FOR A MONTH AND THE OPPORTUNITY HE GAVE ME TO BRING A RECORDER INTO THE CLUB AND CAPTURE MUSIC THAT ONLY I HAD FOR FORTY YEARS BEFORE I RELEASED TO THE WORLD IN EARLY 2000. FOR SOMEONE HE NEVER LAID EYES ON BEFORE HE TREATED ME VERY WELL AND I LOVED IT. WALLY

Hello Wally
I live in NJ, I'd love to hear that Wildwood recording of Buddy, Thanks
Leo
973-583-3413

Kindly remove my post from 2 years ago,
Thanks
Leo