This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BETADINE OPHTH

Yes, it's that time again for the Betadine Ophth 5% to disappear!
We have recently bought a surgery group and have been setting up Pyxis machines for them. They are in the habit of using 1 bottle of Betadine on multiple patients, but since they have to charge through Pxyis they can't do that any more.
We are thinking of getting some 3mL plastic dropper bottles and repackaging the solution, so they can use per patient.
Have any of the rest of you found a way to dispense this? Do any of you have a secondary supplier that has Betadine ophth 5% 30mL?
Thanks!!

Name of Facility: PORTER

Years as a Buyer: 9+

Re: BETADINE OPHTH

My division of AmerisourceBergen carries a sterile opth betadine in 30ml. Maybe you could give them a call to see if you could order it for your facility.

Years as a Buyer: 16+ tech 33

Re: Re: BETADINE OPHTH

I wish I could call ABC; my wholesaler is Cardinal.
Thanks, though!!

Re: BETADINE OPHTH

We make the betadine opth solution for OR. We use sterile BSS in 10ml dropper bottles and make it our selves. Kind of a pain, but the don't use a whole lot.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

Years as a Buyer: 2

Re: Re: BETADINE OPHTH

The only problem with making the betadine opth solution yourself is that the dropper bottles are not sterile. That was an issue that came up here. Our sterile processing department would have to sterilzed all of the bottle and droppers for us, etc etc and it was not an acceptable answer for our administration.

Re: Re: Re: BETADINE OPHTH

Sterilized product doesn't seem to be much of an issue with these doctors, since they now carry one 30-mL bottle from room to room and use it an multiple patients!