This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Extended holiday vacations for reps

Just don't publish this whole thread... haha

I spoke with my DOP yesterday and we're going to discuss this issue with this rep when they come in for the quarterly QBR meeting.

Not only did I get ZERO notice (an e-mail would have been nice...) I also got NO alternative contact besides Customer Service. They're helpful with some things, but there's a reason there are reps - because CS can't always help or get done what needs to get done. This has been the most aggrevating 3 weeks!!!

They lock you into new contracts, new products, etc. (not always my decision, unfortunately) and then they leave you high and dry. It just amazes me how many people in high positions fall for the fluff and can't see through it!

City, State: Teaching hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2

Re: Re: Extended holiday vacations for reps

You may want to give your rep a copy of this article. It's called "How to Lose a Rep in Ten Ways", a 10-step program reps do to sabotage their careers. It was at one time used by Cardinal as part of their new rep orientation, and might be useful in your situation.
The link is Here

Name of Facility: Summerdale Enterprises, Inc.

City, State: Publishing

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: Re: Re: Extended holiday vacations for reps - bad link

I tried the link - it doesn't work.

The article is in the PPO reprints page on the web site. The reprints are toward the bottom of the page.

Hope it helps.

Name of Facility: Summerdale Enterprises, Inc.

City, State: Publishing

Years as a Buyer: 30+