This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Happy Pharmacy Buyer Day!

Isn't it funny that we can't get recognized for the job we do, but we can be told things like, "you're not allowed to go on any more vacation days because things fall apart when you're not here." Or "boy are we glad you're back, it was horrible while you were gone." I always have to laugh because I feel very unappectiated when I am at work and it's only when I'm not here that it flops around. Well, at least I find comfort in knowing that I'm pretty good at what I'm doing and I will always give 100% whether or not I am recognized.

Years as a Buyer: 16 (33+ as a Tech)

Re: Re: Re: Happy Pharmacy Buyer Day!

Right my fellow Pharmacy Buyers,

For the past five years, I have coordinated with my reps to give us both breakfast and lunches. I even spoke to the CFO of the hospital four years ago and make them give us a breakfast for all components of the pharmacy. After all they do it for the nurses, the Dept of Pharmacy is a lot smaller compared to the Nursing dept.

Pharmacy week is the only time I ask reps to give us lunches and I begin to plan and coordinate with them in the month of January so its a lingering thought in their mind since they too have to worry about budgets.

No one here cared about the Pharmacy Buyer day and I just pulled off the poster from the wall last week.
Oh well I do a good job- I know that regardless of a kind word or a pat on the shoulder-we make our bosses look good, we coordinate with every other person in the hosptial, we pull favours for everyone all for the simple fact that we are ultimately delivering the best care to the patient--Without us there would be no mediations to dispense.

Name of Facility: Kern Medical Center--222 beds

City, State: Teaching Acute care Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 5

Re: Re: Re: Re: Happy Pharmacy Buyer Day! Please do not print

Here is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson that might be fitting:
" Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all you might. Put your whole soul into it! Stamp it with your personality! Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your objective."

We need to be enthusiastic, even though some days it is hard, about our job. Our job is important and one of these days it will be recognized for the profession it is. The road is many times rocky traveling to get to the goal and I know this goal is worth the travel. I have been fortunate to have a Director that understands where we want to be as a profession and recognizes the Buyer position as a profession.

I am excited that we are forming a network amoung ourselves that will give additional support to our objective through this organization. The network is getting stronger all the time. It is a long road....keep your eye on the prize.
Have a Happy Day!

Name of Facility: St. Francis health Center

City, State: Acute

Years as a Buyer: 4+ in Pharmacy 25 in retail hard goods