This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: premixed Pitocin Bags

Ameridose also makes premix bags, with 42 days dating and fast shipping. I've been really happy with their service.

Name of Facility: CVMC

City, State: Teaching hospital - 270 beds

Years as a Buyer: 1+

Lisa,

We purchase and contract with Central Admixture Pharmacy Service, Inc. CAPS, a division of BBraun.

I don't really know where you are located but the California one is located in Santa Fe Springs in Los Angeles. 1-562-941-9595.

Their head head office is in PA and that phone number is 800-345-7744.

Hope this information is useful.

Munira

Name of Facility: Kern Medical Center

City, State: Teaching, Acute care, Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 5

we get ours from Pharmedium. It works real well for us. and we have not had any problems.

Name of Facility: Baylor Southwest

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2

Re: Re: premixed Pitocin Bags

We also use the premixed bags from Pharmedium. One thing that has helped us decrease wasted bags is that they can't be replaced in the Pyxis machine until the actual date they expire. The dating is short and we were cutting up a lot of bags that had 2-3 days left on them. Just an FYI!!

Re: Re: Re: premixed Pitocin Bags

The Pharmedium bags what is the dating like?

CAPS has 3 weeks.

Name of Facility: Kern Medical Center

City, State: Teaching, Acute care, Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 5

Re: Re: Re: Re: premixed Pitocin Bags

Pharmedium bags have 14 days expiration on them; then subtract the 2-3 days for shipping!! Doesn't leave much time left, which is why we NEVER pull a bag from Pyxis until the exact date it expires.
I have also order from Ameri-dose and have had good service and the dating is MUCH longer, but we have a contract in place with Pharmedium, so will stay with them for now.
Another thing that really has helped is that I set up automatic shipment for the oxytocin bags to be received every Wednesday. I can call in the Friday before to alter that quantity if necessary. Otherwise, I get 6 cases a week.