This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Asset Management McKesson

I have McKesson and recently implemented the asset management in December. I am having a hard time trying to rely on the numbers because it takes so much maintenance and buy in from more than just me. Communication has to improve between our techs/pharmacists and the It also takes more space to store some of the quantities they suggest and space is hard to come by. It seems to require a lot of upkeep especially with product mus's, changes in contracts, changes in ndc, etc... Antidote drugs I try to override with the ROP and the ROQ because of the minimum quantity I need to have on hand. Also I am the only hospital in town and need to have adequate supply because the closest hospital that compares is 1 1/2 hours away, so potentially 3 hours to get drug if needed. We are also see a lot of changes in usage based on the seasons here in Michigan. We have a lot of "snow birds" that go to Florida in the winter and a lot of tourism in the summer, so ROP and ROQ can really change during those times. So, basically I feel it is a lot of work and when I have time I may be able to get it running smoother than what it is.

Name of Facility: Munson Medical Center - 380 beds

Years as a Buyer: 8 years

Re: Re: Asset Management McKesson

I used it at the last two facilities that I was worked. The system works great if you have time to devote to clean up the numbers the first 4-6 months. Becasue it works off purchase data and not utilization data it take a while to obtain quality numbers. It needs a lot of baby sitting- Good Luck!