This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: angiomax

Several of my fellow buyers from the VHA Central region have contacted Novation with similar reactions to mine, so maybe it will have the desired effect on The Medicines Company! We can only hope!!!
Ruth

Name of Facility: 300

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 8

Re: Re: Re: angiomax

It might help to get your Clinical people to throw some of their weight around; citing patient safety hazards. Sometimes the economic factor may not be enough to sway them. Citing the delay as threat to patient safety may turn a few more heads.

Name of Facility: Summerdale Enterprises, Inc.

City, State: Publishing

Years as a Buyer: > 30

Re: Re: Re: Re: angiomax

Thanks for the idea; I didn't think of that!!
Ruth

Name of Facility: 300

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 8

Re: angiomax

It really doesn't effect us because our wholesaler is Cardinal Health and the product is dropshipped and recevied the following day. The only difference is I have to call customer service at Cardinal Health instead of entering the DP # into the Cardinal computer and have them place the dropship for me but I still receive the product the following day.

Name of Facility: Acute Care/320

Years as a Buyer: 23 years as a Tech/ 7 years as the Buyer

Re: angiomax

We also use Cardinal and receive it next day, but it goes to receiving, which means we don't get it until 4pm at the earliest, instead of 6am, plus the inconvenience of having to call in the order. I can't imagine why they'd do this with such an important drug... we just doubled are par so we don't get that low.

Name of Facility: CVMC - 270 beds

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: 1