This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cost Anaylsis Education Resources

I am getting involved in Cost Analysis projects and need any information to include training off of the Internet or books I can purchase.

I start a graduate degree in Healthcare Administration next month but need an educational source on the math and how to accomplish cost benefit analysis. Learning on the fly gets me through the day but I would like to be more proactive.

I have a B.S. in Business Management but need to hone my pharmacy skill (strengths and measurements). My director and assistant director are showing me how to compare costs on various drugs but it is all new to me and knowledge they may take for granted.

What can you recommend for self-training?

Name of Facility: Waterbury Hospital / 175

City, State: Acute Care

Years as a Buyer: 1

Re: Cost Anaylsis Education Resources

Charley,

Like you, I did my did my undergrad in Business and am currently in the process of wrapping up my MPA-HCM degee (hopefully by July)

I am in the process of conducting a cost-benefit analysis on a program we implemented in the pharmacy and want to write my finding in the final thesis.

If you find anything plese keep me posted.
I haven't found a text that helps me with pulling the numbers but I had to read "The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement (Paperback) by Eliyahu M. Goldratt (Author), Jeff Cox (Author)" for my management classes and find it very lucrative read each time I have read it. I would begin there....

Name of Facility: 220

City, State: Acute care Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 4.5

Re: Re: Cost Anaylsis Education Resources

Excellent advise..."The Goal..." is one of the best books that I have found that teaches you to look beyond the problem's surface and consequesnces. Although it is written as a novel- it should be viewed as a textbook.