This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Job Description: Pharmacy Business Manager

That is what I am at St. Francis (my actual title is Inventory Control Coordinator). I do not have a Pharmacy degree, and I do have a business degree. We do have a job description that I would be happy to fax over to you. It will have to be later next week as we are in the process of moving our Pharmacy right now. Our Director put it together when they were seeking to fill the postion that I now have. I came to this job with no Pharmacy experience. I had buying and business experience in the home improvement business (long way from pharmacy). The skill set is definitely transferable. The learning curve is steep for the drug knowlegde.

I believe that our Director would express that this has been an excellent move for the pharmacy. I totally look at the department from a business perspective. The Director (who has an MBA as well as a Pharmacist degree), Clinical Pharmacist and the Pharmacy Manager (who is a Pharmacist) work with me as I present ideas from the business angle and they present from the Pharmcy angle.

We keep track of our savings every year. We also keep track of numerous other things on spreadsheets.

Kathy

Name of Facility: 330

Years as a Buyer: 4 in hospital setting, 25 in hard goods

Re: Re: Job Description: Pharmacy Business Manager

Kathy -

I'd appreciate a copy of that job description also, I'll e-mail you my fax number. My annual eval is coming up and we're trying to adjust my job description a little bit.

Thanks!

Name of Facility: CVMC - 270 beds

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: Almost 1!

Re: Re: Re: Job Description: Pharmacy Business Manager

Hello Kathy,
Would it be possible for you to send me a copy too?

Munira

Name of Facility: 220

City, State: Acute care Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 4.5

I would love a copy too!
fax 231-935-2767 or email me...

Thanks!
Debbie

Name of Facility: Munson Medical Center - 380 beds

Years as a Buyer: 8 years

I also would like a copy of the job description.
Thanks

Name of Facility: 350

Years as a Buyer: 7