This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: benchmark data for pharmacy purchasing salaries

We published wage and task results from a survey of 136 responding pharmacy purchasing agents in the March, April and May 2004 editions of Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook. I am not sure what benchmark data is, but this survey, when reporting wage data, lists job title, state, beds, years as a pharmacy buyer, male or female designation, and salary range in increments of $5,000. 26.98% or 34 responding buyers had a salary range of $30,000 to $34,999. Most of the salaries reported were as of the end of 2003 or the beginning of 2004. So wage levels have likely increased 3 times since that report was issued.

This report can be purchased from Summerdale Enterprises, Inc., 9235 Activity Road Suite 101, San Diego, CA 92126-4440 at a cost of $19.95. Request the report called Pharmacy Buyer Survey Results or Salary and Task Survey. You may also call Jennifer at our office to request this report at 858-578-4218.

We do expect to conduct another such survey in 2007, but the survey mentioned is the latest one we have published.

Name of Facility: Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook Editor-In-Chief

Years as a Buyer: 5yrs Buyer/14yrs Pharmacy Contracts for GPO/12yrs writer

Re: Re: benchmark data for pharmacy purchasing salaries

I guess it depends on the cost of living of the state that you work in. The pay for the buyers in my institute ranges from $66k/yr-$95k/yr salary ($32/hr-$44/hr).I hear HR is in the process of re-evaluating that payscale for technicians and pharmacists which may bump the pay buyers also. Currently, there are 4 levels of pharmacy technicians. Staff tech ($12/hr-$16/hr), Attending tech ($16/hr-$19/hr), Senior Attending tech ($19-$24), Lead tech ($25-$28). Although, we require to have 2.5 pharmacy buyers/inventory coord. and 2-3 inventory technicians, each person has their own resposibility. It's a very tough and challenging business to manage day to day, I feel that we should only be compensated accordingly!

Name of Facility: Massachusetts General Hospital / 1000+ beds

Years as a Buyer: 8