Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1998 Budget

Government Gives attention to expand infrastructure facilities, construct irrigation dams

Addis Ababa, 7/19/2005

The Ministry of Finance and Economic Development (MoFED) says the government has paid due attention to expand electrification in rural Ethiopia well as construction of irrigation dams and roads in 1998 E.C.

Over half of the 30 billion Birr allocated for the current budget year would be obtained from regular domestic revenue.
Public relations and information service head with the Ministry Getachew Adimasu said on Tuesday that the government has been implementing various development policies and strategies to bring about speedy and sustained economic progress.

He said constructing infrastructure and ensuring food security is imperative to reduce poverty.

Accordingly, 2.5 billion Birr has been earmarked to expand electricity in rural areas while 2 billion Birr has been allocated for food security.

While 1.7 billion Birr has been allotted for the construction of roads and 1.4 billion Birr for education, he said.

Getachew said the capital and regular budget approved for the current budget year exceeded by 36.13 percent from the previous budget year.

Some 7.832 billion of the total budget has been allocated for budget subsidy for regional States, he said, adding the current budget subsidy for the States increased by 1.5 billion Birr.

He attributed the rise in the budget of 1998 E.C. to the increasing grant and loan from foreign governments, creditor and donor institutions in recognition of the apt direction the country is pursuing.

He further said the steady rise in revenue prompted by various tax reforms by the government has its own contribution for the rise in the budget.

The total budget would be covered by 16.3 billion Birr from regular revenue , 8.52 billion Birr from loans and grants and 5.22 billion Birr from non-regural domestic revenue, he said.

The overall performance of government offices in utilization of finance in the previous budget year was encouraging, he said, adding, however, failure to timely report remained a bottleneck.

Getachew said timely reporting of financial or fiscal performance would substantially help find solutions to problems encountered.

Re: 1998 Budget

Hi Mr. Gebreselassie ( Mr. copy-paste machine )

I am not sure if you can even write your name. can you?

City: Addis

Mamule!

Unless either you were in a delirium situation because of drug or you have still a moppet mind that hasn't grown up, I am sure you wouldn't dare to ask such a silly question. Specially a question that would backfire on you.

Your name isn't "Mamule" for sure.

If you find this un easy to understand, ask your maggot mind friend Mamo Qilo. At least he is better than you.

Hope, I made clear myself in reference to your question.

Your name is not Mamule have a short term am for sure your name isn't Mamule. Don't you think the redishonoring your name is a denial of your soul?

Correction!

Disregard the last paragraph.

Thank you;

Gebreselassie,

I know you can cut and paste. I also suspect you may even write with some difficulty. My question to you is, sir, can you read?

Ibrahim said that he would vote for VJ to lead Ethiopia. VJ said that Meles is not better than Mengistu in so many words literally. This means Ibrahim thinks Meles is no better than Meles. You and Mulugeta Asrate Kassa are the only two men who support Meles. Can you comment on Ibrahim and VJ.

Mamo Qilo

Gebremelesse,its amazing how your ungratefull brain developed over the years and decided to built hidero electric dums to benefitt who?i'm sure your brain knows the answer,having said that where does EPRDF gets the money or budget even to pay the agazzi soldiers?i'm sure your twisted brain knows the answer in all mr.Gebremelesse what do Tigry contribute except killing and rubbing people votes on day light?what ungratefull.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

DillingerJ1

RUBBING?

Where have you been Gebrish?

Is there anything to Copy-Paste?

City: Addis