Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Somali Region in Ethiopia: A Neglected Human Rights Tragedy

Title: The Somali Region in Ethiopia: A Neglected Human Rights Tragedy
Author: Mohamud H Khalif and Martin Doornbos
http://www.roape.org/cgi-bin/roape/show/9106.html

This article reviews Ethiopia's human rights record with a particular focus on the human rights situation in the Somali region. Attention is paid to the atrocities committed against civilians, specifically community and political leaders as well as members of the Somali State legislature. Furthermore, the 2000 famine is discussed as a human rights issue in the light of indications that this famine was deliberately choreographed. The article also explores human rights violations inflicted upon the Somali region's population following the discovery of natural gas and the denial of benefits thereof to the local community. In conclusion some future scenarios are examined to ascertain to what extent they might possibly change the prospects for the people in the Somali region.

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Re: The Somali Region in Ethiopia: A Neglected Human Rights Tragedy

Dear Belay,
The propaganda of CUd does not fly let alone to believe to be beleive by the camel in Somali region.
Do you know who is Khalif? The answer is no. In addition, As of this morning, the CUD office in Jigjiga is closed and the representative of this settler party is told to leave the town for their safety.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Ibrahim,

You seems a little anger. Did I made some thing wrong? You don't like me for having information about the region. You know there are a lot of secrets in these regions like Somali and Afar. Any way being an Ethiopian I have the right to write and talk about Somali region. It must be clear to you that it is not only up to Ibrahim but also up to Belay worrying about the region.

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Ibrahim, Ibru, Ibrata, Ibricho,

What is going on. Only a few days ago you were telling us that CUD opened an office as a sign democracy. Now you are telling us they are being kicked out. Who did the kicking out? Ibricho. I still feel more comfortable with you than with the Hagere Ethiopias.

Mamo Qilo

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Dear Mamo:
Do not confuse the issue; we, Ethiopian Somali, support that all ethiopian have the right to field their candidate in any region as long as they do not violate the core issues of the region.
I support that CUD has to open office in Somali region; however, the Ethiopian Somali people have discussed and agreed that they can not have office as in Gondar Ethiopian Somali are not allowed to do and in addition, their programme is undermining the people of the region. In other words, CUD IS WORKING TO REVERSE THE CONSTITUTION AND ANNULE ARTICLE 39.
Therefore, they have decided to send them to Gonder and drink Arque and eat Kitfo( not ye harar Sanga that they are dreaming).

Ibrahim, Ibru, Ibricho, Ibru Gela,

This democracy thing is a very illusive concept. I would have thought only the likes of Hagere Ethiopia and Arat Kilo would fall vitim to this, but not my Ibrahim.

You wrote: "CUD IS WORKING TO REVERSE THE CONSTITUTION AND ANNULE ARTICLE 39. Therefore, they have decided to send them to Gonder and drink Arque and eat Kitfo( not ye harar Sanga that they are dreaming)." This democracy thing I thought would allow you to promote any agenda you wish and the people would vote based on their interest. Either someone in high offices in Somaili region did not trust the people (meaning they were afraid that the people would vote for CUD) or that this democracy thing is not practiced in your region.

Ibru, Ibrahim, Ibricho, Ibru Gela, what am I going to d o with you. I tell people you are my role model, my cyber mentor, and what you do is fail me in front of the cyber community. What am I going to do with you. Ibru, Ibrahim, Ibricho, Ibru Gela, what am I going to do with you?

Mamo Qilo

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com