Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHAT IS ETHIOMEDIA.COM RESPONSE ON THIS?

Law and Justice - News
Printable version
Officials refute tabloids' reports about Ministry preparing to sue CUD members, AAU students
Addis Ababa, 7/12/2005

The Ministry of Justice refuted the reports issued by two private tabloids, the Nation and Satenaw" (Both Amharic), saying the Ministry was to sue nine CUD members and seven Addis Ababa University Students.

The reports issued by the tabloids on last Saturday and Sunday stating charges which they said were to be filed against the CUD members and AAU students have not been prepared by the Ministry, Criminal Affairs Department head with the Ministry Abdurehim Amhed and head of the delegate office of the Addis Ababa City Administration to the Ministry of Justice Amha Mekonnen said.

The two officials said in a joint press statement that the Ministry does not know anything about the charges the forenamed tabloids stated.

According to the officials, the reports in the two papers that said the charge files had been approved by the Ministry and transferred to the prosecutors were baseless and lies.

The counts which the newspapers reported were contained in the charge files include "attempts to dismantle the constitutional system through violence, involvements in violence and havoc, creating fear among the public by fomenting hearsay", among others, the officials said.

The charge files which the newspapers refer to the Ministry for having prepared are sub-standard, which the Ministry cannot produce, they said.

These orchestrated reports, the officials said, are essentially unethical, potentially dangerous to trigger violence and subject to legal action, they said.

"Nation" reported this in its last Saturday issue and "Satenaw" in its last Sunday issue, they indicated.

Source: ENA

Re: WHAT IS ETHIOMEDIA.COM RESPONSE ON THIS?

So what, isn't Nation a pro-government news paper? They (the gov) should have given them the right info. Or are they purposely prepapering a trap for the press as a whole so that they can show how "unsubstantiated information" they write about?

G/Z
Read this
http://allafrica.com/stories/200507120091.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/200507120434.html

What will be your government response on this? As usual they will denie it. They are so afraid of the truth. Yon know what HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.

To Ze Abyssinian & Nega!

1st. As long as UCD officials has never said
anything about why do you have to bother?
the issue.
2nd. Ethiomedia.com has to answere for this

Other than this it would be an extra talk to you.

G/sellasie,

Did you forget what you have said under the subject "CUD faces insurrecation charges"?

You have said "Good news for Ethiopians who have been looking for it and bitter for ciber fighters."

TEGELABATI

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Dear Gebreselassie,

You are only a copy-paste machine. I saw some of your messages and almost all were copied from somewhere else and pasted here. You have nothing in your mind. I can understand from your previous reply that your language proficiency is very much below the average. This makes me certain that you are also unable to realize the intent of the messages posted here, particularly the long ones. I also doubt if you can understand this reply too. Hereafter, i don't have to be stunned by your gibberish replies.

City: Addis

Mamule,
How can you expect G/S to understand you. Whenever I send him a message I type it real slows, since I know he is a slow reader. It is not without a reason the Colorado court appointed an interpreter for G/S at his court date.

Mamo Qilo

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Belay!

You asked me whether, I forget or not about what, I said. Frankly I did not.

When Ethiomedia.com reported about UCD is being charged, I took it as a true and happy about it. After I learned that the government has refuted about it, questions popped in my mind. "Did it mean Ethiomedia's report is fale? Why didn't UCD repor about it in the first place?"

And I brought this question to Ethiomedia.com if the site has something to say about it.

On my part, I must admit that my happines is disapeared because the news is false. Had it been true, I would be more than happy while you and your likes would have been sad. Now it vis-versa.

For further Mamule & Mamo Qilo, two English literate will elaborate about what, I am trying to explain to you.

Finaly, you used a word that "TEGELABETI". This has nothing to do with the question that, I raised.