Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please explain these to me

Can you help me answering this questions?

What is Neftegna? Why people hate Neftegana? What is the difference between "Neftegna" and "Amhara"?

What is the difference between "Tigrean and Eritrean"?

Why Tigreans and Eritreans desdain "Neftegnas" as they are not naturally progressive but patriarichal?

In my case, I don't support these kind of things. Humanity is the same all over the world.

Please explain this to me

Thanks

Yohannes

Re: Please explain these to me

As far as I know Neftegna is a name given to government gun men during the mesafint siriat. Neft means gun and neftegna means who has a gun. So at the time of the Mesafint Agezaz neftegna is given to those who are given guns to keep orders in the society. This differentiated people from the gun men in the society.

The people of Tigry and Eritria did nothing in relation to the Neftegna thing. The political parties Woyane and Shabia are using these words to agitate the people to struggle for freedom from Amhara who had administered Ethiopia for long time. As far as I know at the time of the king those who had the neft were from any nation, be it amhara, oromo, tigray, wolayita, sidama, gurage, etc

This is a tactic used by the parties to hold government control by agitating people mentioning neftegna and yet the timely neftegna and murderers are they themselves. At the real neftegna time there was no bloodshade like killing people with any reason. But now the Nazi neftegnoch are using the word to agitate and the practice of killing in reality.

I am so much sorry for my country.

Email: talbelaysik@yahoo.com

City: Addis