General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Club Update

TRANSFER OF DANNY MAYMAN & LATEST UPDATE ON OTHER ISSUES OF CURRENT SPECULATION

The club has an open policy with its players and agreements to advise if any offers or approaches are received from clubs in the Conference or Football League. This agreement is one reason that players like Danny Bacon agree to sign and that trust is maintained between the club and its players.

With regard to Danny Mayman; he re-signed for the club last year on a one year deal for this season. Discussions were held with Danny when it was clear he would need an operation and he was not prepared to
re-sign for next season and wished to wait. In those circumstances and with the knowledge that clubs were interested at this time, rather than let the matter drift’ it was decided to let him go.

With regard to Gary Ricketts; we have had several clubs interested in obtaining Gary’s services and the matter has been discussed with Gary in line with the clubs open policy. No offers or deals are currently in the clubs interest or Gary’s and after this Saturday’s game we agreed to let matters rest and for Gary to continue as a Hucknall player.

On the question of Danny Holland; we are at present in discussions with Harrogate and it is likely that a permanent transfer will be concluded.

Unfortunately player’s contracts are in practical terms ‘their contract’, and the club has little powers to enforce. No club can afford to keep any player which wants to move on and to perhaps better themselves; therefore common sense has to prevail.

On ground matters - the club has at last received contact from the Football Foundation in connection with its ground improvements and has been advised that our application will be considered in March 05. During those recent discussions it was clear that no urgency or system was in place for clubs who may be considered for promotion and therefore what will happen at the end of this season is now a matter of concern. Who will go up, who can go up; unless all the clubs in promotion contention for the play-offs have the grade then the issue will be very difficult especially for a club like ours whose capacity is the real issue.

I will advise all Hucknall fans of the latest situation on all matters in the next programme for the Alfreton game.

Brian Holmes - Chairman

Re: Club Update

Thanks Mr.C

Thanks for that Brian,yet again keeping us informed.
Maybe the whinging,two-faced,backstabbing snipers will get the message now and crawl back where they came from.
People have short memories and seem to forget what you`ve done and are doing for this club.I`d love to see you shoot some of em down in flames at a game but it won`t happen cos it`s all to easy for em to hide behind a keyboard.
Keep up the good work and remember that 99.9% of fans are behind you.

typical response from two short sighted so called supporters who are too scared to say anything else.

what holmesey says does not actually explain anything.
the dream is over people get up and smell the coffee.

So if Rico turns round and says I don`t wanna play here anymore,are you gonna blame Brian for that???
The internet`s great ain`t it,you can even get help with your homework you know,now off you go,there`s a good boy.

hhmmmmmm so-called supporters eh ... laffing my fookin **** off here ... but ... tell you what, everyone at HTFC knows me, so come and introduce yourself and we'll discuss this face to face And as to being afraid of Brian, your REALLY showing your ignorance of the club now .. everyone KNOWS I have a big gob and aint afraid to use it NO MATTER WHO IT IS

Sounds like you're enjoying this, Yellllooooooows2.
We would all take you a little more seriously if you revealed who you really are and then we could get an angle on where you are coming from and why you appear to be taking so much pleasure in what you perceive to be a difficult time for the Club.
However, I suppose the chances of that happening are pretty slim but it seem that you will not be content until the Club are back in the NCEL although if that were to happen you will probably be the first on the Forum saying what a poxy league they are playing in and that the Club lacks ambition.

These 2 fools TODDY and Yelllllowws2 are not Hucknall supporters, I doubt they are even from the area.If they are they are a disgrace. They are probably from some second rate team with a regulated forum. I am sure they would not have the guts to make themselves known, as has been said, get the proper forum up and running then at least they wont be able to hide. Andy could have a field day with the mike, could make a great half time entertainment!!

Thank's for nipping all the speculation in the bud Mr C. The "rumour mill" was in overdrive Yesterday and I for one am glad you've seen fit to post on the forum.

Can't blame Danny for wanting to play at the higher level but' I must say I'm very disapointed he didn't show a bit more loyalty to the club who have stood by him throughout his injury. I thought he would have stayed 'til at least the end of the season.

I echo your thoughts Frankie - Danny's just like most of us, if more money were offered for doing the same job, we'd be off as well. Just hope that the Club can sustain itself as we aren't attracting enough paying spectators - that's the real worry!!!!

As I said in an earlier post, as long as a football fan is kept informed, he is generally happy.
Thank you Mr Holmes.

Ashton have never been a big draw and time of year (chrimbo shoppin' etc)not to suprised at the attendance. They are down on last year but we were letting kids in for nowt. It think from the start of the season numbers have slowly been improving or have I got me rose tinted glasses on.

Also FGTH,Forest were only at Derby and County put an offer on ticket prices apparently

County gave away 5000 freebies ... celebrating 1 year out of administration

So that makes 1529 paying public. Would like to see some of the freebees paying at Watnall Road on Christmas Sunday me old quiz mate. The Borrowers.Mmmmmmmm. lol

Glad to see some common sense coming in to play with the replies now.

You've got to look at things from Danny's point of view also, bigger club (historically), better league, probably better deal. If we were in his position what would we do?

Attendances are generally starting to increase now that our form is improving, with only the odd games lowering the average like the Gainsborough Carthium Cup and Radcliffe in the Trophy. Ashton was never gonna be a massive gate with it being so near Christmas and a relatively unexciting fixture on top of all teh controversy that came out Friday.

Out of the games left at home we have Alfreton, Worksop, Southport, Droylsden, Barrow, Nuneaton and Kettering. so 7 out of the final 12 home matches of the season are against teams that will draw a good crowd in.

Roll on Christmas Sunday!!!!

PS: Make sure you buy a Programme!!