Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
urgent - any one who speaks French

There is a story about the Ethiopian pilots in Djibiouti in this web site. It's in French. Any one who speaks French, please find the story and translate it for us.

http://www.ardhd.org/

Thanks,
Elias

Re: urgent - any one who speaks French

Information herebelow is extracted from "La Ligue Djiboutienne des Droits Humains (LDDH)" which condemns that 5 ethiopian refugees belonging to the ethiopian airforce that sought assaylem in Djibouti on June 9 2005 following the savage repressions that took place during the Ethiopian elections were handed over to ethiopian authorities.
ARDHD
Observatoire de la situation des Droits de l'Homme
à Djibouti, 7 ème année - INDEX 9
Bulletin d'information et d'alerte N° B 306
du 9 au 15 juillet 2005

est non seulement outrée, mais totalement bouleversée par les violations flagrantes du droit international, en remettant aux autorités éthiopiennes cinq réfugiés de l’Armée de l’Air Ethiopienne qui se sont réfugiés le 9 juin 2005 à l’Aéroport internationale de Djibouti au Bord d’un hélicoptère de combat MI6 suite à la répression sauvage qui s’est abattue après les élections en Ethiopie pays voisin de la République de Djibouti

The following extract mentions that " After having promised, under pressure from Geneva UNHCR that on July 6 2005 they will present the assaylem seekers to the local HCR, Djibouti authorities handed over asaylem seekers to ethiopian security forces present in Djibouti one day earlier on July 5 2005."

"Ayant appris que le Haut Commissariat des Nations Unis pour les Réfugiés (HCR) en République de Djibouti, n’a pas eu le droit de voir, le droit d’accès, aux demandeurs d’asile politique, aux demandeurs du Droit à la vie.
Déplorant le fait que les autorités Djiboutiennes après moult pressions du siège du HCR à Genève, se seraient engagés à leur présenter le 6 juillet 2005 les demandeurs d’asile, mais qu’un jour avant, les mêmes responsables auraient outrepassé leurs engagements en les remettant, dés le 5 juillet 2005, aux forces de sécurités éthiopiennes présentes à Djibouti"

It would be nice to get some king of confirmation of this story.

I have just rang the Djibouti embassy in France, and have been told to call tomorrow. This is the contact detail.

Embassy of the Republic of Djibouti
Head of Mission: HE Monsieur Mohamed Gomaneh Guirreh

Address: 26 Rue Emile Ménier
75116 Paris
France

Telephone: (331) 47 27 49 22

Facsimile: (33 1) 45 53 50 53

I have also rang the Ethiopian Human Rights Council, but no answer.

Contact detail
Tel: 002511 51 44 89
Email: ehrco@telecom.net.et

Let us pray they are in safe hand.

If confirmed this is a sad development. I think we need to look for ways of preventing anything bad from happening to these pilots:

Probably we may notify human rights organizations and foreign governements, so that the ruling elite in Ethiopia is put on notice as soon as possible that the safety and security of these individuals is their responsibility!

Email: dawitz@netzero.net

City: tucson

machine translation -- cavate emptor

The following is a machine translation of what was posted by BALE ADERA in this forum. It may not be an accurate translation. I hope it preserves some of the semantic content. You could try it yourself at http://www.freetranslation.com/

The machine translation follows:

Information herebelow i's extracted from "The League Djiboutienne of the Human Rights (LDDH)" which condemns that 5 ethiopian refugees belonging to the ethiopian airforce that sought assaylem in Djibouti one June 9 2005 following the savage repressions that took places during the Ethiopian elections were handed over to ethiopian authorities. ARDHD Observatory of the position of the human Rights to Djibouti, 7 ème year - INDEX 9 information Bulletins and of alarm N° B 306 of the 9 to July 15 2005

not only outraged, but totally overturned by flagrant violations of the international right, relying on authorities éthiopiennes five refugees of the army of the air Ethiopienne that are themselves refugees June 9 2005 to the international airport of Djibouti by a fight helicopter MI6 after the wild oppression that cut down itself after the elections in Ethiopia countries neighbor of the

The following extract mentions that " After having promised, under squeezes from Geneva UNHCR that one July 6 2005 they will present the assaylem seekers to the local HCR, Djibouti authorities handed over asaylem seekers to ethiopian security force present in Djibouti one day earlier one July 5 2005."

"Having learned that the High Commissionership of the Nations Unite for the Refugees (HCR) in Republic of Djibouti, had not the right to see, the accesses right, to the refuge petitioners political, to the petitioners of the Right to life. Deploring the fact that authorities Djiboutiennes after many pressures of the seat of the HCR to Geneva, would have been involved themselves to present them July 6 2005 the refuge petitioners, but that a day before, the same persons in charge would have exceeded their engagements while the discount, dice July 5 2005, to the security forces éthiopiennes present to Djibouti"

Email: asrat@verizon.net

City: Boston

I hope the following helps. The best bet on anything concerning Djibouti (including further information) is to go through the French authorities or human rights groups. I'll try to contact one such organization FIDH (federation international de droit de l'homme or the local amnesty).

ARDHD
Observation of the Human Rights Situation in Djibouti
7th Year - INDEX 9
Bulletin of Information and Alert No. B 306
of 9 -15 July 2005
(I guess, there are some words missing at the beginning) ...is not only outraged but totally shocked by the refoulement in violation of international law of five members of the Ethiopian air force who had sought refugee on 9 June 2005 at the Djibouti international airport after fleeing abord an MI6 combat helicpoter the barbaric repression that followed the elections in Ethiopia, a neighbouring country of the Republic of Djibouti.

Having learnt that the UNHCR in the republic of Djibouti have not had the the right to visit, the right of access to political assylum seekersn, those wo seek the right to life.
Deploring thefact that , after having promised, under pressure from Geneva UNHCR that on July 6 2005 they will present the assylum seekers to the local HCR, one day earlier on July 5 2005, the Djibouti authorities have violated their engagement by handing over the assylum seekers to the Ethiopian security forces that were present in Djibouti ."

Does any one of you know the exact number and identity of the assylum seekers. If so, could you post that here (or the link to such information).

Thanks

http://www.unhcr.ch/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/contact

Any body who wants to post a message to the UNHCR office in Djidouti can visit the above site.

We have to remind UNHCR that they have to discahrge their duty and provide protection to the Ethiopian pilots.

This is a reply I got from Christopher Albin-Lackey, this is his reply to my email to confirm the story.

"My name is Chris Albin-Lackey, and I cover Ethiopia for Human Rights Watch. We have been following this case with great concern, and earlier this week I heard the same rumors you are referring to about the pilots being clandestinely handed back to the Ethiopian authorities. We are working to clarify the matter and are following up with UNHCR and others. For the moment, though, I’m afraid we’re just as much in the dark as you."

I will keep you posted if I get any more reply from any of HRW contacts i have emailed.

I forwared (copy/paste) via email the content of the French message on this website to my fellow French speaking Engineer and asked him if the pilots were handed back to the Ethiopian authorities.
I quote him:
"Pilots were given to Ethiopian Air Army"

Very Sad!!

City: san diego

This is another bad news indeed. How come it took this long for HRW to take action? My heart goes out to the pilots and their families.
Africa is the most corrupt nation in the world. The majority leaders don’t know what human rights stand for. Money talks in Africa, certainly Meles has plenty of it to do what ever he wants.

I'm rally sad and frustrated. This is just another example that Africa is ruled by a bunch of criminals who have total disregard for human rights and international law.

The Ethiopian pilots expressed anger...

The following is taken from: http://www.ardhd.org/info.asp

[French]
"Lorsque ces éthiopiens ont réalisé qu'ils
venaient d'être livrés aux mains des autorités
ethiopiennes, ils ont eu le temps de leur dire
textuellement: "Vous vous prenez pour des Soldats, mais vous venez de violer les règles les plus sacrées et les valeurs de vos coutumes, de votre religion, de vos Lois et des Lois internationales. Un jour nous saurons vous demander des comptes et vous devrez payer pour ce crime, sinon ce seront vos enfants qui paieront pour vous."

[English Translation]
When the Ethiopian [pilots] realized that they just got delivered [by Djiboutian soldiers] to Ethiopian authorities, they had just enough time to say [verbatim]: "You consider yourselves as soldiers but you just violated the most sacred rules as well as the values of your tradition and your religion. A day will come when we will ask you to be accountable. You will pay for your crimes or your children will pay it for you."

Dear Members:
If this is true, it is not acceptable and we, the Ethiopian in Diaspora should send a letter to condemn this barbaric act. I called a good friend of mine, who teaches at one of the universities in North American and requested to verify whether it is true or not that the pilots were sent back to Ethiopia. He has the home telephone number of Roble who is the Ambassador of Djibouti in Washington DC as well as UN.
Mr. Roble speaks Amharic and was born in Ethiopia in the town of Aisha in Harargue.
Moreover, when I used to work in UNHCR in Djibouti, the officials forced and returned many refugees to Ethiopia.However, I can assure that if we, Ethiopian in Diaspora, femently protest this act, they will back off to repeat the same act or not to send the pilot to Ethiopia.
Lastly, some of you might surprise, but our organization's objective is to condemn this kind of acts. These are Ethiopian and they have every right to leave the country and request asylam other country.
PS I speak French fluently and can be helpful in the long run.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Observatoire de la situation des Droits de l'Homme
à Djibouti, 7 ème année - INDEX 9
Bulletin d'information et d'alerte N° B 306
du 9 au 15 juillet 2005

est non seulement outrée, mais totalement bouleversée par les violations flagrantes du droit international, en remettant aux autorités éthiopiennes cinq réfugiés de l’Armée de l’Air Ethiopienne qui se sont réfugiés le 9 juin 2005 à l’Aéroport internationale de Djibouti au Bord d’un hélicoptère de combat MI6 suite à la répression sauvage qui s’est abattue après les élections en Ethiopie pays voisin de la République de Djibouti

The following extract mentions that " After having promised, under pressure from Geneva UNHCR that on July 6 2005 they will present the assaylem seekers to the local HCR, Djibouti authorities handed over asaylem seekers to ethiopian security forces present in Djibouti one day earlier on July 5 2005."

"Ayant appris que le Haut Commissariat des Nations Unis pour les Réfugiés (HCR) en République de Djibouti, n’a pas eu le droit de voir, le droit d’accès, aux demandeurs d’asile politique, aux demandeurs du Droit à la vie.
Déplorant le fait que les autorités Djiboutiennes après moult pressions du siège du HCR à Genève, se seraient engagés à leur présenter le 6 juillet 2005 les demandeurs d’asile, mais qu’un jour avant, les mêmes responsables auraient outrepassé leurs engagements en les remettant, dés le 5 juillet 2005, aux forces de sécurités éthiopiennes présentes à Djibouti"
Brook

Jul 13th, 2005 - 2:15 PM Re: urgent - any one who speaks French

City: Atlatna

Dear Ethiopians and Human Right Activists:

These pilots risked their life on behalf of all Ethiopians that were being killed, imprisoned and oppressed. When the athorities told them to get ready to deal with protesters, they decided they won't participate in bombing and killing of innocent civilians, and decided to seek asylum. It is our duty to protect and defend these heroes. Every one of us should write letters, emails or fax to the relevant embassies, human right organizations as well as local governments. It would be a real shame to let them down.

Daniel

Email: danielmolla5000@yahoo.com

City: Canada

Oh, God !
This is a real horor. I don't know what to say, if this is true , then the Djibuti govenment will pay for this.

Am I dreaming? Is it really you Ibrahim? I still don’t believe it that Ibrahim Shardon we came to know.
Any way, I wish you had called your friend earlier. Now it is as they say water under the bridge. My heart aches for them. We all have failed them. Shame on us!!!

Has God forgotten Ethiopia? If not why all these mess?

Elias,have you tried to contact the embassy of Djibouti in DC?

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

It is so sad to hear this news but who knows that might be for good.But not only Djibouti is responsible but also has to pay the price for it.Hold on isnt the horn of Africa , land of hell? where ppl are interrelated to each other? How come Djibouti forgot wut had happened 100 years ago?Anyway brothers just first lets solve our internal problems first and the rest will be so easy.May the Almighty God be with them.

Email: merson@yahoo.com

City: wcc

Dr. Ibrahim,

All said and done, you are one complex person. I have always believed that you are truly a honorable person and some of your writings are to tick some of our compatriots. I am not surprised to read your sensible message above. Thank you brother. Thank you.

Mao Qilo

This is really sad. I don't know what to do. I feel like helpless but we have to try our best to make these pilots free. Please, please all of you try your best from wherever you are if at all they are not handed over yet.

Ibrahim,

Thanks for forwarding this message. This is really nice of you. This showed me something - that we are all sisters and brother no matter what happens and what party we are supporting. This is the true essence of Ethiopianess. That is what we should teach to the next generation. There is always a need to stand together and and give our voice - for the sake of Ethiopia, our beloved country.

Thanks,

Email: tez@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

WARAY IBRAHIM;

HERE IS A RESPONSE TO MY EARLIER EMAIL. IF YOU KNOW THIS FELLOW Jean-Paul Noël Abdi who is
the Président of the Djiboutian Organization for Human rights (LDDH). PLESE CONTACT HIM IF POSSIBLE THROUGH YOUR CONNECTION AND FIND OUT WHAT THE REAL STORY IS.

I CANNO BELIVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS OF THE DJIBOUTY GOVERNMENT ARE OBLIVIOUS AND UNAWARE OF THE CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY THEY COMMITTED, IF THE STORY IS INDEED TRUE. ON THE OTHER HAND IT DOE NOT SURPRISE ME GIVEN THE PERSONAL FRIENDSHIPS BETWEEN PRESIDENT GOULEH AND TPLF/MELESE/BEREKET TRIO THEY WOULD DISREGARD ANY CIVILIZED LAW AND VALUE OF HUMAN RIGHTS. AFTER ALL THESE ARE NOT PEOPLE WHO GOVERN BY THE RULES OF LAW, THEY ARE THUGS AND MURDERES WHO LIVE BY BARBARIC LAWS OF THE JUNGLE.

Reply-To : "ACCUEIL ARDHD"
Sent : Wednesday, July 13, 2005 4:31 PM
To : …………………………………………………..
Subject : Re: Ethiopian Pilots in Djibouti

Thanks for your message.
In order to send you a precise reply, I will send your questions to M Jean-Paul Noël Abdi who is
the Président of the Djiboutian Organization for Human rights (LDDH)
and then return to you.

Best regards.

----- Original Message -----

To: ardhd@ardhd.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:39 AM
Subject: Ethiopian Pilots in Djibouti

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can you tell us what the latest news development is about the Ethiopian pilots who recently asked for political asylum in Djibouti.

Are the pilots under Djibouti government custody?

Are the pilots being extradited to Ethiopia?

Is the Unite Nations Human Rights Commission considering the pilots request for asylum?

Please respond in English if possible.

Thank you and our warmest greetings

I don't know what to say!!!! But if this is true, Djibouti government is liable for this!We; Ethiopians, will never& ever forgive for this kind of barbaric act.We'll show to Dj what we can do when the time comes!!!!

FOLKS:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THE GOVERNMENT OF ETHIOPIA AND DJIBOUTI HAVE NO FORMAL EXTRADITION TREATY, ACCORDING TO A UN PERSON WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THE CONFLICT IN THE HORN OF AFRICA.

IF IT IS TRUE THAT THE TWO COUNTRIES HAVE NO EXTRADITION TREATY, IT COULD ONLY MEAN THAT TPLF/MELES USED OTHER MEANS OF EXTORSION AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT OF DJIBOUTI AND PRESIDENT GOULEH TO RETREIVE THE PILOTS. I WONDER WHAT KIND OF CLINDESTINE ARRANGEMENT THEY WORKED OUT, PERHAPS CONCESSION OF ETHIOPIAN TERRITORIES OR PROMISE TO SEND 30 KILLOS OF FREE CHAT TO PRESIDENT GOULEH FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS IN RETURN FOR THE TWO PILOTS.

I RECAL BEREKET SIMON CONFIDENTLY AND ARRONGANTLY VOWING THE DAY AFTER THE PILOTS DEFECTED, THAT HE WOULD GET THE PILOTS BACK FROM DJIBOUTI AND EXCACT UPON THEM THE KIND PUNISHMENT THAT WILL SERVE NOTICE TO OTHER PILOTS AND MEMEBRS OF THE ARMED FORCES.

we are extremely shocked,you know what the weyanes going to do?you will hear it soon.we know the military comanders very well they are searching a lesson for the defence force,if they kill them every soldier will learn from it.that is what they are thinking now.it is a concern for every ethiopian, they did give their life for the ethiopian people.please help them.we don't know what will happen to us,but we know one thing we did every thing for our people,we love ethiopia.

Email: fassil_mamo@yahoo.com

City: minsk

Lemi,i can sense you Lema,who else can carry EPRDF donkey on its back.

Minsk poleticians in Belarus don't give a **** for our pilots unless we march infront of Belarus embassy till thier faiths heard before UNHCR.

Lemi And Yeshi are EPRDF Member I know them,they are my neighbour. They will wright using other name don not surprise Ethiopians.

Email: Tesfuf@yahoo.com

Lemi & Yeshi,
You are so cruel and selfish. The pilots haven’t betrayal their country. They saved the people of Ethiopia from Meles the killer and Agazi the devil. they didn’t want to kill innocent civilian. They did right. Lemi and Yeshi might be one of the blind agazi, which killed many innocent Ethiopian youth.
I am telling you, your cruel master Meles time is running out. So, you should better change your narrow and negative mind . We Ethiopian are many,if anything happen for the 5 pilots we are still on their side , we will fight for them with their enemy , anytime , anywhere…. “ le hulum gize alew”.

as to me this is done when one goes out of mind, i am sorry to say this but how can this government rule the people in Djibouti with such empty mind. i know that the world's main problem at the present time is selfishnes, and when this comes to a person who leeds a particular country it will be so dangerous...mr. president of Djibouti, it is a great shame to think your advantage over these pilots by deporting them...your house in Dire Dawa wouldn't be taken evenif you didn't deport them or any thing you profit from the present mindless government of ethiopia. sory to have you as a PRESIDENT. any way may GOD bless ethiopia and those who fight for her

Email: macho39_23

if the djibouti govrenment handed these our precious pilot i am afraid to comment any thing by now. but We Ethiopians realy sad more than when we lost those beloved ones who sacrified their lives for democracy.

Dear Members:
I have talked to the professor and he said that the certain Ambassador did not even know what is going with the deportation of the pilots; however, he will look into the case.
Next week, the professor is going to Washington DC and delivering a speech on Somalia and Ethiopia and he wasso upset with the case and told me that he will sit with the ambassador and present his case.
Moreover, I will assure you that the ball is in our court. That is to say, we should send a letter to oppose and write a petition and also call the Ambassador Roble and explain to him our stance. This is our duty. The rest will be only Western Style process.
Again and Again I will ask you that each and every one of us not to sit idle and do something at least make call.
This is an issue of humanity. I live in Djibout and deal with these kind of issue. This is the time when the weather gets 100 degree and the jail are really bad.
Ethiopian issue is our issue and let us compromise and work on this humaniterian one.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Ibrahim you are doing realy a great job, please those who have such an access like him try to do your best....this is not something which we wait for some time, may God bless all those who love others

Email: macho39_23

A news that makes we ethiopian to increase our heart beat(anger).How could Dijibouti government did that knowing the whole world condemn what is going on in Ethiopia, you will pay(remember 100 years back). Let the saviour GOD be with them. What about our 8pilots in Belarus,to whom it may concern.....you have to follow their condition to avoid the same mistake which hapened.GOD BLESS ETHIOPIA!

I do not speak french, but I I'm not surprised what they are doing for the hero pilots.Chat Chat you know they have to eat chat.Ethiopians must unite,and do somthing about this , send some leter to your state rep, go out voice your concern.

Email: liond1@lycos.com

City: Boston

I don’t blame people who are coming out in support of what the Djibouti government has done. These people are blind followers who don’t question but follow, have you seen flock of sheep going a cliff one after the other crushing to their death, these people know no right or wrong it is what the honcho man says. A sort of yes men and women.
People who have read about the various noble causes attributed to former Germans who broke rank and hide Jews to save them from gas chambers, diplomats who broke their government’s law to issue visas to Jews, battalions defecting to avoid massacre would have an idea what right or wrong is, other wise you will have the sort of people like yeshi and lami they labeled freedom fighters as traitors, but these pilots are selfless who put them selves in a harms way to save more lives.
So forgive the people that are blinded by loyalty, gursha and concentrate on plan of action to help our heroes.

If the pilots are still in Djibouti the djboutian Government is still responsible for what is going on in its boundary and should retrieve them from the Custody of Ethiopian agents and deliver them to UNHCR Djibouti.

If indeed the Pilots are delivered to the Ethiopian authorities through Doha? The Red Cross should insist in getting access to theses prisoners of conscious.

I don’t think there will be ay civilized person who would not condemn this act of inhuman act if it has been perpetrated on these pilots.

There should not be any Nation, Organization, and good will ambassador that should be left out from being notified about this atrocity.

Let us treat this as priority one and move forward.

One other thing that will be help full for our cause will be to be people of action and don’t disclose all our action in the open unless that will help others to follow suite. Let’s do it as a group or individually but keep the Lima, Yeshi’s in the dark.

Do what you can; tell the world how Djibouti government handles its affair.

P.S IP address will be a gold mine when the time comes to know who is who, keep them safe Kifle!

Email: azert@disel.com

City: No where

I can not believe my eyes oh! how could the Djibouti government made terrible mistake and favor for weyane who is trying to bite every body on the last minutes of his era. I don not believe any country who had signed Geneva convention could do this .May God help them

Email: hate2y@yahoo.com

Dont blame the Djibuti government and its habits but ourselves.The deportation of the pilots shows how weak the diaspora political groupees are. Had it been good organized by now the pilots would have been in D.C with their birmuda short and drinking cold beer.Now do we have to do some thing for the remaining 8 pilots in belarussia or see them deport and as always blame the Woyan and the weather. I suggest the millioner Solomon Bekele has to act fast.

Gudu Kassa,

Well done!
You said it all, for me and others who do not know how to express ourself in writing.

We are proud of you and people like you.
Keep up a good job!
We are with you.

Email: genetseattle@aol

City: Seattle

Here is the English translation of the French language press release concerning the repatriation of Ethiopian pilots by Djibouti.

"is not only outraged, but devastated by the flagrant violations of international law perpetrated by the repatriation to Ethiopian authorities of five Ethiopian Air Force personnel who sought refuge in Djibouti International Airport on June 9 2005, on board a MI6 combat helicopter, following the savage repression that took place after the elections in Ethiopia".

Here is the English translation of the French language press release concerning the repatriation of Ethiopian pilots by Djibouti.

" The Human Rights League of Djibouti is not only outraged, but devastated by the flagrant violations of international law perpetrated by the repatriation to Ethiopian authorities of five Ethiopian Air Force personnel who sought refuge in Djibouti International Airport on June 9 2005, on board a MI6 combat helicopter, following the savage repression that took place after the elections in Ethiopia".

Beza Beza,

Who is Solomon Bekele, what is his connection with Woyane, and where does he live? I this millionair an Ethiopian of Woyane?

The government of Djibouti ought to be embarrassed for working hand in glove, and kow towing to the diabolic Ethiopian ruler Meles. Any how I would like to hold back my comments until I hear an authenticated information as to their whereabouts.

Email: GirefachewA@msn.com

City: Reinbeck

Re: urgent

In the past month, there has been a very close follow up on the case of the air force pilots in Djibouti by UNHCR at high levels via concerned Ethiopians who have been pushing their case in the US and Europe. Apparently, from day one, the pilots were under the direct custody of presidential guards and the direct involvement of the Ismael Guleh himself. Reportedly and obviously, the Meles regime has been putting tremendous pressure on Djibouti for the return of the pilots.

According to news coming from credible sources, we know the UNHCR is highly concerned about their situation since few days ago as the Djibouti government has not been forthcoming about the exact situation of the pilots. I think the UNHCR intends to take appropriate measures as the case involves them sqaurely. To date, there is no fully substantiated and confirmed news regarding the status of the pilots although the human rights group in Djibouti has reported the sad story of their return.

If this situation does not get any positive resolution, we may have no choice but organize series of protests in the form of demonstrations and letters of appeal next week starting this coming Monday to put pressure on the government of Djibouti to respect international conventions and rights of refugees.

May be the government of Djibouti is testing public opinion before it makes the decision either to hand them over to Meles regime or to the UNHCR.

Hey !! Ethiopians , Please wake up and unite to save
the members of hero Ethiopian air force pilots.
What happend to Behailu and Abiyot is really a barbaric act of the Djibuti governtment.
How about the Belerus pilots ? they are asking for help to their loving Ethiopians. Please let's save them... before being late.
PLEASE SAVE THE 8 PILOTS IN BELARUSE !!!!!

Raza

HELP FOR 8 PILOTS IN BELARUS

Please Ethiopians in diaspora !!!!!
Let's save the 8 pilots in Belarus . They are in danger... weyane started negotiating with the Belarus government. Belaruse is concerned about the buisness agreement with Ethiopia.
Please let's unite and do something before getting late ..... THIS PILOTS GAVE THEIR LIFE TO THE ETHIOPIAN PEOPLE ....... LET'S RESPOND

Shadow

Email: HELP FOR 8 PILOTS IN BELARUS

City: HELP

yeshi and lemi , do u really know wut went up will goes down, for that matter i dont expect honey from flies. May God bless our country

Email: jacos@yahoo.com

I FEEL VERY SORRY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.
WE HAVE TO BLAME OURSELVES, AND HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING
TO GET WORLD ATTENTION (ASAP).SPECIALLY THE GOVERNMENT OF DJIBOUTI SHOULD BE CONDEMED AND OFFICIALS SHOULD FACE CHARGE IN THE HAUGE COURT.THIS IS A VIOLATION OF SIMPLE AND MOSTLY KNOWN INTERNATIONAL LAW.

Email: HAYAT01@PEOPLEPC.COM

City: WASHINGTON

i think nothing comes noting so basicaly the TPLF emerge ethnicity policy-we not expect nice thing from them.two eth pilot have hiden protection from God,then god is great and they will nice futer.
God help them. thenks

Email: kukulu1230@yahoo.com

City: eth

To those who read French

You will perharps appreciate this weblog and give it some publicity... though the writer prefers to remain anonymous.

May the Ethiopian people get rif of the dictators...

M.

City: Addis

OOOOoooops

http://addisferengi.over-blog.com/

Une ferengi à Addis

City: Addis

It is very sad news and, barbaric act.Any way ,Dj is also one of those african countries, and I hope that once in early future Dj will pay for that.They shoud
have to remember that,WE ARE ETHIOPIAN.

City: Prague

The following is the loose translation of the article in question..kind of word by word.
Read......

10/07/05 (B306) THE EXTRADITION of the five airmen éthiopiens? This is not a first one! An old practice of Guelleh !(Lecteur)

Formerly, there was in the camps of arawsa refugiés and of ali-addé, officers Oromos. To obtain, some exchanges, the extradition of the members of the FRUD and late accused in the matter of Paris Coffee, officers of the FNP had taken these éthiopiens, a night to the border éthiopienne.

When these éthiopiens realized that they had just been delivered to the hands of the ethioian authorities , they had the time to say for them literally:

"You take yourself for Soldiers, but you have just violated the rules more sacred and the values of your customs, of your religion, of your Laws and international Laws. A day will know us you to ask accounts and you will have to pay for this crime, otherwise this will be your children that will pay for you."

You see that the extradiction of the éthiopens is a big classic thing for Guelleh and that this is not the first time. The most dramatic one than this is, men again were able to believe in the double language of this sinister personage that has no respect of the given word and values of our culture and of our religion.

Email: nicksonofthunder@yahoo.ca

City: Vancouver

Djibouti has signed the 1951 U.N. Convention on refugees which prohibits expulsion or return of a refugee to a country where his or her life or freedom may be threatened.

Djibouti will be held responsible for the safety of our pilots.

Djbouti is gambling with our pilots thier faiths are still in the hand of Djbouti authorities whom they know who's going to rulle Addis flight to Djbouti?

EVERY BODY SIMPLY SET&SEE WHAT HAPENS ON OUR HEROS, WHY? NOW THEY ARE IN FRONT OF THAT DAM MELES GOV WHY ALL OF ETHIOPIANS ARE QUIT? THEY ,OUR HEROS ARE DIEING.IF U'R QUIT GOOD AGAIN U'LL HERE THE DEATH OF OUR 8 HEROS SOON.PLEASE LET'S DO SOMETHING SOON.

Email: NEG@YAHOO.COM

City: DDC

urgent,they are handed over

the pilots are in ethiopia they were confronted in a millitary court,death is expecting them.the source is confidencial.we have to do something.

Alas, Ethiopia!!!

Where is Ethiopia's God???????

Email: im26ty@yahoo.com

City: Brussels

Dear Bulcha,

People like you who turn a blind eye of the suffering of innocent people and support evil forces, remind me of those people who support the likes of Bin Ladin.

I think it is time to stop talking about the arm struggle and how the TPLF have removed the Derg from power. You had 14 years to sing and dance about it and also to make yourselves wealthy on the expense of the poor Ethiopian people. Not to mention the state the country is in.

Whether you want to believe it or not, change is in sight. It might take long, but the country has taken it’s first step to be a democratic country.

To whom it may concern .....What action is taking place now to save our heroes ?Let's discuss about it(take action)

Nothing to worry about if the pilots are returned to their home land.

The fate of the pilots is "complete". The only thing to do from now is to get on UNCHR's complacent ass to dispatch the red cross to Ethiopia and retrive the pilots. I am afraid, the pilots in Belarus are next....

Dear,teyimu,if you are looking fo Ethiopias GOD only,you donot save anything.Think of also Ethiopia has ALLH.Onesidedness will not help you any more.

As every Ethiopians know that the Shabiaw / the self-murderer Meles is fully responsible for all the messes and suffer of Ethiopians both locally and in the neighboring countries.

Please don’t give up to inform to international community all humanitarian and country problems.

Be strong! Don’t give up! We will secure our freedom and self-resection one-day.

All the cycle of detention, disappearance, jailing etc, will disappear from that ancient Earth with Mels one day

Email: kuratekere@yahoo.com

City: Ambo

I talk to mr roble son yesterday around 5pm, our concern about the ethiopian pilots condtion, he promise to me that he will talk to his father and promise to me that nothing will happen to them.
its every ethiopian dutiy to do some thing if they have any acces on this issue it is a moral dutiy to do it.

Email: jamaljaf@yahoo.com

City: washington

we need some action right @ this moment the ppl in Djibout i hope God it gone hlep those poor ppl b/c they don't want to kill student they ask Refuje this is what happen to them i am gone pray i want every Ethiopian to pray to i hope god is's gone help as soon ONE LOVE TO ALL ETHIOIAN.

City: winnipeg Canada

Dear participants,

Check the BBc, the two pilots have by their free will safely returnd home.Don't waste your time.

They can't serve you as a pretext for your political ambitions. I am sure those in Belarus will follow suit.

Bahru

Email: Bahru_20052@yahoo.com