Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Popular Sports Talkshow on FM Addis 97.1 canceled

July 4, 2005
ethiopianreview.com

The Addis Ababa-based popular sports talkshow on FM Addis 97.1 has been shut down as of yesterday.

Ato Fisseha Tegegne and Ato Abiye Teklemariam were hosting the talkshow, which was broadcast Sundays 8:30 -10:30 local time.

The manager of the radio station, Ato Gorfineh Yimer, canceled the program after Ato Fisseha Tegegne refused to read a statement by the government that the civilians who were murdered on June 8 were bank robbers.

Ato Abiye told Ethiopian Review today that the show was voted the best radio program this year.

He said, the program was taken off the air because the hosts were deemed anti-government by station manager Ato Gorfineh.

Before the firing, Ato Abiye wrote a piece critical of Ethiopian TV and Radio journalists on his newspaper, Meznagna.

Re: Popular Sports Talkshow on FM Addis 97.1 canceled

this goverment is the silliest on earth and it is in its nature that to be vindictive . they don't care about the people and that is why they are unanimously rejected . but they have two things to forcifully rule-guns and goons.they are bunch of idiots . i don't expect more than that . they are rotten *******s and barbarics.

Email: agere@msn.com

City: philadelphia

we have to fight on until they get chucked out of position...fight with money and our blood...it is now or never....lifes has to be sacrified..those abroad give your money as you are not giving your lives......comon action speak louder than words

Email: aseba_ere@hotmail.com

City: london

i am amezed of this 21st century idiots.thanks for the man who said no! to be a mouth pice of eprdf.every body hoe rejects the evil act and thoughts of the weyane regime deserve honor.

Email: wonder@yahoo.com

Dear readers,

Do not get shocked with PM Meles & co. do. They will do anything to stay in power to destroy Ethiopia. Let us not forget to keep the Fire on this monster government.

Gemechu

Email: gmegersa@yahoo.com

City: Nashville

This is redecules. Woyane tried to use sports show radio program to spread its false propaganda to cover up the killings it commited on innocent Ethiopians. Isn't the public TV and Radio which WOYANE ponopolizes and uses as it's own private property enough ? which Ethiopian people have turned off because of false propagandas WOYANES are broadcasting through it. Thanks to that guy who refused to read that paper. He is really a hero. he is a role model to those who can't deside weither to stand with Ethiopian people or WOYANES. These kinds of people are called WOLAWAYOCH. They should see what this guy did and ask themselves that they should do that and save their own lives and Ethiopians from further WOYANE distruction.

Email: alazarm@sbcglobal,net

City: Washington DC

This what we expect from the ETV and Radio Journalists, Particularly those who serve as freelancer. Since they have alrady have something to do. Good job you will have a talkshohw shortly in addis FM, the government owned FM will be one of the unlistend FM when the private FM's flourish.

GSM

Email: girmaseifu@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

dear,,first of all I would like to thank Fiseha has refused that wrong statement prepared by EPRDF, WOYANE regiem want to destroy the country & they don`t care about human life ,they are so much stupid

Email: ashuti2

City: Adiss

what an awful acts going on in this country. I feel real sad by the action of these Woyane cadires . Abiye & Fisseha are rolemodel journalists. they are free to communicate ,investigational & tirediless. It is real a pity not to heard again despite the life of Woyane seems extremily short. Could there be the hand of Dr. Ashebir's. Have feast Dr. Ashebir & Gorfineh

Email: aragid2@yahoo.com

City: A.A

Gorfineh Yimer is a hodam pig, and Fisseha and Abiy are heroes who stood up for the right thing. Given the choice between serving a monster government in order to keep the job they love and standing up on the side of the people, they chose the people of Ethiopia. Bravo Fisseha and Abiy!

Fisseha/Abiye,

You courageous sons of Ethiopia,like many of the fans of your programme I have been admiring Fisseha's golden voice and Abiye's expert analyses. Now we also love both of you for your being men of courage and prinicple.
God bless Ethiopia.

Email: yuroo@ethioglobal.com

City: addis

Dear ER:

It is not uncommon when you encounter FM bosses to disturb the journalist. The Gorfineh (Woyane's cadre) act is one of these. It is who often supress Fisseha b/c of complex he developed through time. it is really aweful that, today, i read on Ethiosport local newspaper that Fisseha was exciled sunday evening to England due to Gorfineh . Do you think gorfineh's mind can peacefully live in Ethiopia.

Please lets act soon. Freinds of Ethiopian Football let us cooperate against this tyrany FM managment and Gorfineh.

My heartfelt appreciation & gratitude to the heroes, Fish & Abiy.
How smart and nice you are! You are men of conscious not bellies. It is good for Gorfineh or any mindless cadre to look for another pig, Squiler. Being impressed by your analysis,Abiy, since long I was happy & eager when i came to AA to hear your programme. May all curse go to those who stepped on their conscious for penny. I wish both the best out of the future! Don't be embarrased with senseless pigs! Be strong! I, hopefully all your fans,will follow your noble ideas through your weekly, Mezinagna. Thankyou again for your courage and being model!

City: Bahirdar

But why? Gorfineh, Are crezy? Don't you have a son who is learning at a certain high scool? Do you like him to be labelled as bank robber and being shot innocently? I wish all these happen only to U.

You, Abiy and Fisseha, well done. History will always remind your decision and courage.

Many thanks to you.

People, mind You these are the Goverm, Cabinet who do only for thier benift and stomach. what do they think? every body like them. We donnot mind about it rather we are happy that they exposed them self in every area.

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

Fisseha is not more than 25 years old. But he shows his courage not to speak wrong news. What do those GMTU (idiot) journalists learn from this kid.

God bless Fisseha and Abiye

Email: gemorawkidane@yahoo.com

Gorfenhe, Grow up! like Melese Zenawi. Bravo Fiseha! I really appreciate you, don't do anything that you don't believe that is your right! Good job!

City: Addis

I admire the courage and honesty of Fish , he has always been the best jouralist for me in the country. Now I respect him even more. Hope other "journalists" in the national media follow this high-spirited act.
It is shameful to see Ato Gorfineh fail to do what he his heart tells him. It is a shame when your son demonstrates more courage and wisdom. Shame on you Gorfineh, shame on the ******* of Bereket.

Email: tadiosm@gmail.com

Gorfneh is just a communicator.WE can't blame him for what happned.both Abiy and Fish were presenting and brodcasting the best programmes on FM for this long because of Gorfneh"s help.He did what he could for this long but now the people who has the real power in Ethiopia decided they no longer can allow the two best radio personalities to be on the air.Sadly it was Gorfneh, who happens to be the acting manager of the station,that became the bearer of the bad news.please ease up on the messanger and focus on bereket.

Email: alebayplc@yahoo.com

City: usa

Oh thank you see all! don't blame on Gorfineh please don't curse him he is just like all Ethiopians who work with the existing system becuase they don't have choice but he is exposed to blames as he is in the media so please flood your curses to the ***** (Bereket)not to Gorfineh

Email: lilifikir@yahoo.com

It is a very prouding measure that you both have taken. I am realy very proud of your acts and dids. It is a historical event and a big message to all Ethiopian radio and TV jounalists to tall they should have also to live for thair mind also. [8-)We all Ethiopian peoples are also with you TO COME OVER THIS NONSENSE GOVERNEMENT AND SELFISH PEOPLES.

Email: muldesta@yahoo.com

Please do not defend woyanne excutioners like Gorfeneh. Why is their jobs more precious than Fiseha and Abiye? Because of the many hodams like Gorfneh, the sacrifices of the few like Fiseha and Abiye are so heavy. If the taxi drivers go out in support of the students right to protest, risking their license, why not the journalists, bus drivers, office workers, soldiers, and others?!?

Ethiopia has very few citizens who are willing do the right thing, that's why we are now called "The Queen of Chairity!"

Do U know why few people like Fish and Abiy have to sacrifice themselves in such circumstances? So that others in similar positions can learn from them!! What do you - TV Newscasters-Genet Abebe, Amare, etc. learn? Bamlak is lucky to go at this time! You are reading Woyane's lies means that through out your life, you will continue to be remembered as the symbol of the cruel satanic face of Woyane even after they are long gone. Who would ever like to be such a symbol?You guys know at least one youth killed in your area and you announce them as "Bank robbers" with straight face. Most of you have another job - let your work at TV go and stop being seen as image of a cruel government in peoples' mind!! Let Bereket himself read it.
Tila Mengist

That's it !!! Recruit all those that refrain from doing their jobs and fire them. Whether it is the "greatest" Fiseha and Abiy or anybody else.

Selamta to all.

When I was in Ethiopia for two months recently I regularly listened Fiseha and Abiye. They are extremely talented journalists. What a waste to throw them out like that. I've a suggestion to this forum's regular visitors. Why don't ten or fifteen of us pitch in about $10 a month each of us and hire them as part time reporters to this forum? Not only we will be helping them, but they will also provide us latest and wide ranging info about Ethiopia. What do you say? Would ER also cooperate? I'm telling you, these two individuals are real good.

Fassil

Finally we've got model Journalists! Thank u !

Email: satenaw@gmail.com